Every shore power project starts with an analysis to work out a conceptual solution for power connectivity and delivery as well as the process of budgeting capital to evaluate investment (CAPEX) into a shore power solution and operational cost (OPEX).
The study identifies what the requirements are to provide an effective shore power solution to the port as well as vessels. Additionally, it provides information about the grid capability and most efficient technical solutions. The efficiency measures will also take into account economic benefits for all parties.
FEASIBILITY STUDY FRAMEWORK
- Collecting and mapping of information
- Energy consumption measurements
- Conceptual technical solutions for different scenarios (including equipment specifications, layouts, single line diagrams)
- Simulations for different scenarios
- Calculating and analysing investment and operational costs
- Composing incremental analysis (ROI, NPV, IRR, payback)
- Consultation on potential funding options
Shore power solution for cruise ships
We are currently developing a shore power solution for cruise ships, which is planned to be released in Q1 2021.